Busy People Get Things Done

So I guess I'm testing this theory out on myself haha.

No really I think this is true, taking time for yourself and having down time is very important but too much down time isn't good for anyone I don't think.....reminds me of "idle hands are the devil's playground". Being productive adds a quality to life like nothing else. Although being 'busy' doesn't always make you feel 'productive' and I think that's the secret. Find something that makes you feel good and you'll like being busy. People have been saying that forever though 'find work that doesn't feel like work'.

I think I have done that. I really enjoy my volunteer positions and club participation. I feel productive in a good way for the first time in a very long time. "Mothering isn't 'showy' work" meaning that you could work hard all day long and having zip to show for it other than a smiling kid (and sometimes despite the hard work a screaming kid) this was very hard for me to deal with. It wasn't that I didn't like what I was doing, I was having trouble not having anything to show how hard I was working. I don't have much more evidence of my hard work as a mother today but I have found another arena to get that kind of satisfaction and I think it has not only made me more productive and given me a better quality of life but it has also made me a better mother.

Surprisingly sometimes your 'me time' doesn't have to be about pampering or relaxing, sometimes doing something completely for yourself, like my volunteering can do a better job than any amount of pedicures (well at least for me anyway).

Of course everyone is different but I think important to remember that it's ok to be 'out of the box' and what's most important is to be yourself.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Followers

Back to Home Back to Top Responsible Disorder. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.