The Advantage of Being Behind

So since I first stepped foot inside a school (or perhaps even before lol) I have known that I wanted to be well educated and go to college. During my younger years that's as advanced as the plan was.

At about age 14 I was inspired by law and decided I wanted to go to law school. The more I studied gov't and history the more sure of my decision I became. Of course life had different plans for me and I am quite content with the life I have but I am clearly behind on my academic goals. Though I have a wonderful marriage and 2 beautiful little girls to my credit I sadly only have a few college 'credits' to my name.

When the girls were babies I was too busy figuring out life as a mom and wife to stress over it too much. Life was a struggle for a while and I was more concerned with just holding everything together. Now that I am better suited to actually pursue my education I realize most of my peers are 100% done with theirs. I'm behind.

However for the longest time after high school I assumed I would be 'pre-law' (whatever that was lol) or just a political science or history major. While I do enjoy studying those subjects very much now that I have had some more working experience I realize those aren't the best field of study for me.

Because of work experience and volunteer experience I can clearly see I am quite adapt in business. I suppose it's true that your 20s are for finding yourself. After I uncovered this about myself (being adapt at business) I was suddenly happy I didn't waste years pursuing a major I would later not be 100% happy with.

There are certainly cons to being 'behind' but I have certainly found the silver lining and I think it's a pretty good one at that.

*This does not mean I will be starting school on any certain date, but it does mean the day I take it back up is coming sooner rather than later*

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Followers

Back to Home Back to Top Responsible Disorder. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.