Fall Always Makes Me Think of Maine

Photobucket






I've always liked fall. Probably because I always loved going back to school.

It probably seems a bit early for a post about fall but today it certainly felt like fall, not late summer, definitely fall complete with needing jackets and closed toe shoes. It might warm up for a day or 2 here and there but mostly for Germany, fall is arriving.

As it does, the crisp cool air just has a smell to it and it never fails to take me back to the fall that Jason and I moved to Maine. It was so beautiful there and the New England area just felt like the place that fall is best experienced.

Every year when I experience this sensation of smelling fall in the air and being transported back to that year in Maine I feel a slight longing in my heart that tells me some day Jason and I will return. That longing never fails to remind me of the lessons he and I learned on that journey and the bond that was forged from that adventure. It certainly set the tone for our outlook on life for the future though we had no idea at the time.

So while I think it's Maine that I loved so much I have to wonder if it's what Maine represents for me that I love so much. Either way I still want to go back.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Followers

Back to Home Back to Top Responsible Disorder. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.