Vows

On our 5th wedding anniversary Jason and I renewed our vows.....in a castle. It was just him and I and our chaplain on a beautiful summer evening. We wrote our own vows and I think it's one of my best pieces of writing.

In tough times reading it gives me peace. They remind me of my promise to him, and why I made it. I wanted to share them here today.


You are not only my love, but you are also my friend.
Together we have shared the same ambitions.
We have seen disappointment and hardship
but also joy and triumph.
With you my life has only gotten better.

I promise to wipe your sadness away with my smile,
and your pain with my love and compassion.

I promise to be slow to anger,
but quick to offer understanding.

I promise to trust you completely,
and to also be trustworthy and loyal,
never being unfaithful
and always offering honesty.

I promise to cherish you
and make you my partner for life,
enjoying every moment we have together,
but to also be patient when duty calls you away.


A wise man once said:
"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."

I promise to continue looking in that same direction.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Followers

Back to Home Back to Top Responsible Disorder. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.